- $7,035.57 = How much it costs to travel around the world through nine countries over five and a half months
- Revisited: How to pack for an independent traveler with no set return date
- A glimpse in the thoughts of Bolod Namkhai Mukhadi
- Beijing to Ulaanbataar Mongolia: The nitty gritty of independent travel
- How to get Chinese and Russian visas as a United States citizen: My experience
- Writing assignment: "Inside The Candelaria Festival of Puno, Peru"
- Marathon hitchhiking: Southern Mexico to Michigan in 7 days over 3,400 mi
- Mango Surprise: Being the victim of a random, delicious act of kindness
- Legendary Vagabonder Rolf Potts with priceless advice on travel
- Fire juggler in San Pedro de la Laguna, Lago Atitlan, Guatemala
- Romania: WWOOFing in Transylvania and back to the US
- Bulgaria: Nice cities, tipped off about an isolated beach, and getting perspective from a prostitute's cigarette burns
- Kazakhstan Pt. 3: Almaty, where kids watch pole dancers, and joining the family
- Kazakhstan Pt. 2: Astana, WTF? Diagnosis: major inferiority complex
- Kazakhstan Pt. 1: Whoa Aunt Jemima's!, the Darth Vader Mosque, and a failed haircut
A rough plan for my trip, any recommendations?
Written by Tyler Cole | 09 February 2011
[There's a map in the post to get a visual idea of where I'll be] So this is a general idea of the areas I plan to cover over the next few months. From China through Kazakhstan will be overland, then potentially a flight to Georgia, and then overland to Turkey. After I get to Turkey (if indeed I get there), I hope to head into Eastern Europe, but really have no idea where I might go. I have this planned up to this point due to the fact that I had to arrange visas for China and Russia before leaving and had to report general trajectory. You can click on the map or here to see a more interactive version through Google Maps. Any comments or recommendations would be great!